Custom Search

Ronaldo expected to land trophy!




The ceremony for the Fifa Player of the Year Award takes place tonight in Switzerland in the Zurich Opera House, and Manchester United’s Portuguese Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is expected to land the trophy.

FIFA’s annual poll of international team coaches and captains show that the 23 year old is favourite to win the award which will add to his Ballon d’Or prize he scooped in December.

Ronaldo is struggling to emulate the wonderful form he had last season but the player thinks that his current situation is completely normal:

”Tell me one player who had a great season for two, three, four years at the top level? It’s impossible, you don’t have anyone,” Ronaldo told Sky Sports News.

”Last season I think I did brilliant but this season, in my opinion, I’m not bad, I’ve scored 10 goals up to now (he has nine in 23 matches), I’ve come in from injury and people are waiting (for me to get) better and better all the time.

”It is not easy but I know I feel in good form and I think Cristiano is coming better and better. If not this season, then next season I know I can do as well again.”

Cristiano Ronaldo play a great part in Manchester United’s 3-0 victory against Chelsea on Sunday, setting up two goals and scoring a super clean header controversially disallowed.

source: cristianoronaldofan.net

0 comments