Custom Search

Teves wants to stay!

Carlos Tevez remains confident his long-term future at Old Trafford will soon be finalised.

With the striker's loan agreement set to expire in the summer, the Argentine's representatives are currently in discussions with the club regarding a permanent deal. And Tevez is hopeful things will be sorted out sooner rather than later.

"I am not preoccupied about my future," says the 24-year-old. "My instincts are to stay with the club and in the next week or so I think there will be more contact with regards to sorting out my contract. That is what we've been told.

"My agent is in touch with United all the time and he tells me that everything is very positive now. So it is up to the club.

"Some people say that £32million is high but I cannot comment on that. Those are the figures that were agreed at the start. I am not responsible.

"Other clubs have asked about me but I see my future at United."

Despite seeing his chances somewhat limited this season following the arrival of Dimitar Berbatov, Tevez insists he is more than happy to remain at Old Trafford.

"It has been a complicated season for me, there is no point denying that," he admits. "I have not been able to get as many minutes on the field as I would like because the quality of the forwards at the club is incredible.

"It is not easy for forwards to get into this team and I have suffered. But that does not make me want to leave. I have no urge to run away."

Source: ManUtd.com

0 comments